To fill this gap InfoSys Ltd (www.infosys.co.uk) have developed an add-on WCM/Portal "accellerator" that delivers both multivariate and A/B testing capability to the platform.
The product is called Domisphere and significantly enhances usability, functionality and flexibility to Portal.
The multivariate capabilities allow multiple portal pages to be delivered on a single URL. The domisphere "Context Engine" is implemented as a portal servlet filter and can use plug-in rules to select different page variants. Meta data tags are added automatically so can be process by Web Analytics tools.
Bringing multivariate capability to IBM Portal / IBM WCM is just one of the many enhancements that Domisphere adds.
Some others are:
- Draft portal pages that follow draft content.
- Preview draft portal pages and multiple draft content items together
- Facility to view draft items in WCM menus
- A configurable custom workflow action toolkit that adds branching capabilites to WCM workflows
- In context creation, editing and approval
- UI tooling to enhance in context exprience
- Site area grafting (allowing multiple site frameworks to appear as a single framework)
- Automatic deployment of portal pages into production (no need for Portal admins to create pages for content items)
- Full site navigation of portal controlled by WCM (no need for Portal admins to creat page hierarchies for navigation)
- Better meta data handling for search engine optimisation