- Stop authors updating content
- Stop syndication
- Ensure that no pre-rendering or other WCM maintenance tasks are being done.
- Delete the WCM syndicator and WCM subscriber defintions on the respective machines
- Reset the WCM event log on syndicator and subscriber by running the ConfigEngine with
ConfigEngine wcm-reset-event-log (windows)
- remove the subscriber cache by going to the subscriber and removing all directories under:
(This folder is used by the syndicator to store content items retrieved from the subscriber prior to being saved to the JCR. If you look at this folder during a syndication, you will see it fill with files as they are being retrieved by the subscriber. You will also see this folder start to empty as items are moved from this temporay location and stored in the JCR
- Lastly re-create syndicator and subscriber
Other things you may want to check
- Make sure you have the latest fix pack
- Ensure that you have load balancer names/addresses + ports defined in WCMConfigService.properties, syndicators and subscribers.
- Ensure that you have disabled syndicator and subscriber cache using cachespec.xml
- Ensure that Data Replication Services is enabled for the cluster.